Tuesday, 23 May 2006

driving test, among other things...

driving test

more on my God-sent miracle...

friday morning, house phone rang at around 8.30am... Raymond, my driving instructor, couldn't get me on my mobile since i switched it off...

imagine shock and horror when he told me some student of him got a last minute test slot at 10am!!

10AM!!!!

my test was at 11am and i was to have my warm-up lesson (plus circuit practise) at 9.30am!! b'cos of that student of his, that meant, i couldn't go for my circuit practise...

i was in a state of panic... really really panic... especially when my S-curve was the one thing i think abt every time i wake up... and i woke up alot of times the previous night too... >_<.``

he actually wanted to juz meet me before my test, without any practise or wat so ever! like i would ever pass if that happened... my circuit was already compromised, and he still wants to juz meet me before the test??!!!

in the end, he got another instructor, a Mr. Lai, to take me for 1hr, juz driving around the test routes...
well... at least that was better than nothing at all...

and thank God i did haf that 1hr of practise... b'cos the last route that Mr. Lai led me through was the exact route that i took during the test... though i had more marks this time compared to my 2nd attempt, the important thing was that i PASSED!!

i really really PASSED!!!

WOHOO!!!!!

other things...

went for a Dick Lee musical on sunday night with the hong sisters, Man of Letters, staged as the grand finale for NUS' centennial celebrations...

inspired by Professor Arthur Lim's "From a Doctor's Diary", Dick Lee wrote the music and lyrics, while the script was written by Jean Tay... set in the politically unrest Singapore in 1955, the story tells of a geeky medical student who falls in love with his childhood friend once again when they meet during their freshman yr... of cos, in comes his best fren who juz so happens to likes the girl too...

i love the musical... really really love it... Dick Lee is a genius... hands-down... there's no question abt it...

and i have to thank Ike for getting free tickets for us... heehee... Master See was invited to play the violin in the orchestra...

and of course, Lydia for asking me along for it when she was told we could get free tickets...

another of Dick Lee's musical, "Forbidden City", is having its 3rd rerun at the esplanade in Sep... and it seems like Kit Chan will be reprising her role as the young empress dowager...

hmm... i'm thinking of whether i should go for it... since i missed her in Snow.Wolf.Lake...

No comments: