Wednesday, 22 March 2006

rubbish things...

really wanted to blog abt Munich, but so much other rubbish things happened to me over the weekend... and it all started with my kayaking trip to east coast on sat...

rubbish thing No.1: lost my VS2 Pink phone
ahhhh!!!! stupid stupid stupid... i dun even remember when i lost it... probably dropped it at the MacDonald's where we were meeting... i'm upset, but i'm surprised that i'm not that upset... but that, i meant like tearing-hair, screaming and cursing and swearing upset...

*sighs* guess age does gets on you... you tend to let things go more easily...

oh well... i'm gonna get back the same phone, with my mom's hp plan... the VS2 at retail price is still expensive... freaking $398 even after like 1yr plus...

anyway, thank God that day i brought my PDA out with me... cos i was going to attend a friend's mom's funeral service, and if i din haf my PDA, i wouldn't have all my contacts ready at hand and i wouldn't be able to contact my friend to get the address...

and thank God i regularly update my contacts too... cos i would've lost all my contacts with my phone if i din...

rubbish thing No.2: terrible sunburn
one of the worst sunburn i've ever gotten... my hands, my legs, my FACE!! i was in extreme pain while undergoing internal combustion at the same time... din even dare to cross my legs for the 1st few days cos it was so painful to apply pressure on my legs which were still emitting extreme heat... couldn't turn while sleeping cos my arms were emitting heat too...

i hate to say this, but donny, it's really your fault... either directly or indirectly... wat happened to be a 2hr kayaking became a 4hr thing cos we had to try to retrieve back that single kayak which you sat on...

of cos, we were also at fault for not putting on sunblock... everyone forgot to bring, and was too stingy and lazy to buy a new one...

i bet they were thinking the same thing as me, "it's ok, only 2hrs mah... sunburn abit also nevermind..."

i'm never going to think that again when i go kayaking...

well, thank God that the sunburn was only on the front side (abit bad also lah, cos got uneven tan), or i wouldn't have been able to sleep at all if my back was burnt too...

rubbish thing No.3: got sick
think it was all the heatiness and not drinking enough fluids, but right after we finished, i developed a sore throat... got worst cos i was working on sun night and din get to sleep... mom bought herbal tea for me and i was finishing it even before 10pm!!

thank God i still had one packet of 夏桑菊 (xia sang ju) herbal tea in the pantry... would've gotten much worse without it... that was my life-saver!!

anyway, i got 2 day mc for it... heehee... the extra day was not really for the sore throat (which haf now developed into a cough), but i think i would be writhing in my lab coat with my terrible sunburn if i went back on tue or wed...

my face is a sight to see now... have patches all over, esp on my forehead... i look terrible!! another thing to thank God for, went to cut my fringe last week... if not, nothing will be able to stop people from staring at my very ugly forehead now...

wat i need to do for the next few weeks:

stop myself from peeling off the dry skin on my face!!!

i noe... i got ichy hands....

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!


all in all... i wouldn't say it was a terrible week... it was a lousy week with all the rubbish things... but i did enjoy the kayaking, even if it turned out to be longer than expected... and through the rubbish things that happened to me, i still managed to experience God work in His small ways...

there's always something to be gained out of the "bad" things that happened in life... it's whether you choose to see it or not... i prefer to be the more optimistic one...

the glass is always half filled...

smile everyone... ^_^.``

No comments: